Holders of this certificate are qualified to skipper a sailboat on any coastal passage within 40 nautical miles of the coast by day or night.
The Coastal Skipper course covers the following topics & runs for a period of 5 days.
- Charts & Nautical Terms
- Navigation Disciplines on a Coastal Run
- Radar AIS and Collision Avoidance
- Other Navigational Instruments
- Tides & Tidal Streams
- Radio & GMDSS
- IALA Buoyage
- Night Sailing Fog & Collision Avoidance
- Handling a Boat Under Power
- Sail Trim & Theory of Sailing
- Man Overboard
- Safety & Emergencies at Sea
- Vessel Seaworthiness
- Diesel Engines
- Heavy Weather Sailing
- Coastal Passage Planning
- Local Knowledge
- First Aid Local Knowledge and Legal.
|Product Name (Product Code)||Price|
|COASTAL SKIPPER (SAS-CS-002)||ZAR 6,000.00|